Earning extra cash around school hours: The flexibility of redwigwam
The end of the summer holidays has arrived!
As the children head back-to-school, the school run, after-school clubs and all the other school related admin all ramps back up again too! Parents find themselves juggling multiple responsibilities – and somehow earning money needs to squeeze in there between school runs!
Flexible working is the ultimate parental dream. Earning much needed cash but having the flexibility to manage school drop-offs and pickups.
Luckily, there is a way to manage this. Our platform, redwigwam, offers a wealth of flexible opportunities to complement the demands of the school day.
Read on to find out more.
The juggling act of parenthood and earning
As a parent, you often find yourself in a constant balancing act between family commitments and earning an income.
While wraparound care is available, there is usually a cost associated, meaning you’re likely limited to finding work which fits around the school routine.
We hear stories from many parents who turned to redwigwam, looking for the flexibility of work which fits around drop off and pick up.
Back to school, back to opportunities
The start of September and the return to school is a fresh start, not only for children but also for parents who want to maximise their productivity during school hours.
So, whether you're a stay-at-home parent looking to supplement your family income or a professional seeking ways to earn extra cash, this is a prime time to explore flexible work options.
Enter redwigwam: The flexible solution
redwigwam, is a flexible working platform used to connect workers with short-term job opportunities.
It’s the ideal solution for parents seeking flexible work.
There are an ever changing, wide range of gigs available across all sorts of sectors. redwigwam enables parents to find work which fits seamlessly into their schedules, whatever that means to you and your family.
The benefits of redwigwam
There are many reasons to sign up for a free account with redwigwam… Here are just a few!
- Flexible shifts: redwigwam’s gig-based model means you choose the shifts you can work to align with your availability. This flexibility means you can take on work when it suits you, fitting perfectly around your family commitments.
- Diverse opportunities: From event staffing and promotional work to merchandising and mystery shopping, redwigwam offers a diverse range of jobs across loads of different industries. This means you can try different roles, exploring opportunities which match your skills and preferences.
- Earn extra income: Whether you're saving for a family holiday, building up your a rainy-day fund, or simply looking to earn some extra cash to help make ends meet, redwigwam offers a way to boost your finances without compromising your role as a parent.
- Easy sign-up: Getting started with redwigwam is straightforward. Sign up, complete your profile, and browse available work in your local area.
Tips for balancing work and family life
With loads of family-friendly flexible work at your fingertips with redwigwam, you need to make sure you’ve got the right balance between work and family life…
- Plan: As school requirements can be demanding – and are usually fixed, plan your work shifts as far in advance as possible. This ensures you're always able to be where you need to be, when you need to be there – and to plan any childcare as appropriate.
- Communication is key: Openly communicate with your family about your work commitments. Try a shared calendar – which older children can even add their own commitments to. This way, everyone is on the same page, and you can all plan accordingly.
- Prioritise self-care: Remember to set aside time for self-care. Balancing work and family responsibilities can be challenging, so taking care of yourself is essential.
With the school year about to kick off, it's the perfect time for parents to explore flexible work options which align with their family commitments. redwigwam provides a platform for earning extra money while maintaining the flexibility needed to manage school hours effectively.
redwigwam’s gig-based opportunities can empower you to strike a balance between being present for your children and earning additional income.