Warehouse jobs in Exeter
We're looking for Warehouse Operators for a major high street retailer!
Are you looking to join a team where you feel valued, and you're rewarded for your hard work? Then this is the job for you!
About the job
You'll be working as a Warehouse Operator.
Our client relies on every single employee in the warehouse to roll up their sleeves and get the job done - from fruit and veg, to meat, poultry and frozen goods, it’s your energy that helps get their 2,000 plus products into the hands of the customers.
This is a role for the fast thinkers and without your hard work, store shelves would be empty, so accuracy is essential. Through a headset you’ll be given instructions to pick and pack selected products for each store, and it’s vital you keep up with the pace.
What you'll do:
- Pick a variety of products including meat, fruit, frozen and chilled items
- Listen carefully to picking instructions through your headset and carry them out at pace
- Make sure your deliveries are perfectly stacked and secure
- Report any damaged items to your manager
- Take responsibility for working through your orders independently
- Help out in any team tasks, such as cleaning equipment and checking stock
What you'll need:
- Some experience of working in a fast-paced, target driven environment
- A willingness to work with all different types of stock, in temperature-controlled areas
- Good attention to detail when working quickly
- Self-motivation to work hard and do everything to the best of your ability
What you'll receive:
This isn't getting by. This is getting what you deserve. Working at for this client is rewarding, in every sense. You'll be given the training to succeed in your role and plenty of opportunities to progress your career.
You'll earn a competitive hourly rate from £10.50 up to £14.40* (depending on experience) (*Max. rate includes £1 extra per hour for hours worked in the freezer and £2 extra per hour for hours worked between 00.00 - 05.00).
The warehouse is open 24hrs day, 7 days a week. The shift patterns are below (full time)
- 5am - 2pm
- 2pm - 10pm
- 9pm - 5am
You'll first need to complete an induction. This is a 9am-5pm day where you will be given an overview of the role and the equipment you will be using. You will have health & safety training, and the day to day requirements of the role will be discussed.
If you are successful on this day then you will be given a training program and your rota will be shared with you by the warehouse team.
This has the potential to be a temp to perm role after 12 weeks.
Joe found himself looking for a job in the wake of the Covid-19 pandemic and turned to flexible work specialists redwigwam to help.
We found him work in a nearby warehouse - with weekly pay, ongoing shifts and a whole host of other benefits, Joe is now employed full time in a job he really enjoys.
Can we help you find work?
Click the link below to get started.