Entering the flexible world of work as a non-UK national

Published on: Mon, 16 Nov 2020
By: Claire, redwigwam

redwigwam offers great flexible job opportunities for foreign nationals, and many will find that being fluent in more than one language gives them an advantage in a competitive job market.

However, you do need to make sure you eligible to work in the UK before you begin applying for jobs, so here’s some information and advice on what you need to do in order to get started.

It was an amazing, easy, and flexible job experience. Everyday learn new things to make your life more successful ”

Sabahat, Leeds

Workers from the EU

If you’re from the EU/EEA or Switzerland with a valid passport or ID card, you don’t currently need a visa to come to the UK or a work permit to get a job, but you do need a National Insurance Number as well as a UK bank account. 

However, employment laws are changing following the UK’s exit from the EU in January 2020. A transition period is in place until 31 December 2020, and new rules will come into effect from 1 January 2021. You can check what you need to do on the Gov.UK website

Workers from elsewhere

If you are from any other country then you will need a visa to be able to work here, you can find out information about applying for a visa here.

What type of visa depends on your individual circumstances.

The best way to find out is by visiting this section of the gov.uk website – https://www.gov.uk/check-uk-visa. 

There’s a simple question and answer section that will give you all the information you need as well as clear details regarding what you will need to do next.

View our current jobs