7 ways to earn money from home
There are a million and one reasons you might want to earn money from home; perhaps to spend more time with your family, earn a bit of extra cash, or to do something you actually want to do. Perhaps you’re sick of the commute or fed up with your job.
There are many ways in which you can earn money from home. Here’s our 7 top recommendations.
- Become a freelancer: Freelance work is plentiful, covers just about any field you can think of, and pays well once you’ve started building a good portfolio. With freelance work, you choose when and how much you work, and of course where you work from. The downside is it’s a really competitive market, and the best work will come your way once you’ve built up a decent portfolio. The best way to get started is to start building a portfolio while you’re still earning a monthly income, then make it full time once you’ve established a decent amount of sample work.
- Surveys: There are hundreds of survey sites around. They pay you, often in cash, sometimes in vouchers, to complete their surveys. The surveys can vary in length as well as price, but there are some good sites available to you to make a little extra income. The plus side is it’s really easy and you can earn money as little or as often as you like.
- Sales and marketing: While it’s not everyone’s cup tea, but it could be a perfect role if you have a flair for selling. Companies will hire you to make sales calls right from your sofa. Of course, the key to succeeding here, and starting to earn money, is actually being able to sell!
- Get creative: If you have a hobby you find particularly enjoyable, or a craft in which you’re super talented, then you can make money working from home. Making candles, your own soaps, body oils, ornaments, furniture or jewellery are all good options and are likely to sell. You could make a second income (that could even become your sole income eventually if you’re that good!) and you’ll enjoy the work. Happy days.
- Become a virtual assistant: Many small business owners and professionals need somebody to handle their administrative tasks. Often, hiring a virtual assistant who works remotely will cost them less than hiring an in-house assistant to do the same work. As a virtual assistant, you’ll carry out administration tasks, such as keeping on top of correspondence, arranging travel plans, scheduling events and meetings. It’s a good way to earn money, as wages are usually pretty decent.
- Tutoring: With platforms such as Skype and Google Plus, it’s so easy to interact with someone face to face via the internet. Which is why it’s not surprising that you can make money this way by tutoring someone online. If you have a degree and are skilled in maths, English, science etc. then use this to your advantage and sign up to a tutoring website and get paid to tutor people who need your help.
- Join the revolution: We can’t write a blog post about the best ways to earn money from home without giving ourselves a mention! We have hundreds of temporary jobs – with many more added every day. Register here and see what’s available in your area.
Earning money from home can be a brilliant way to earn a second wage, or potentially even a sole income if you do it right. Working from home requires motivation and dedication since you’re not going to be under the watchful eye of your boss. There’s not going to be someone there pushing you to work, and if you don’t work you won’t make money. Simple.
Earning money from the comfort of your own home could prove successful if you go about it right, but you have to want it!
If it sounds like something you would really like to try then there’s so many ways in which you could do it. We’ve just listed a few examples – the opportunities are endless. Anything you’d add to the list?